Time-based plans have no usage limits. You are charged a monthly/half-yearly/yearly flat fee and then you can use GT4T as much, or as little as you want.
- Time-based plans have no usage limits. You can use all the features, dictionaries, the included MT engines as much as you want with no cap, with no extra charge.
- You can only activate one computer at the same time but you can move your license freely between computers.
Character-based plans have no time limit. You get charged whenever you select some text and hit a GT4T shortcut.
- Character-based plans have no time limit, no minimum charge, no monthly subscription fee. You only pay when you are using the GT4T shortcuts to translate.
- When you select some text and hit the GT4T translation keyboard shortcuts, the selection is IMMEDIATELY counted and deducted from the characters you have bought, even though sometimes MT engines fail to return translations.
- Character count is per engine. MT engines like Microsoft / Baidu is cheaper than DeepL / Microsoft. For example, if you are on a char-based DeepL plan and when you translate 1000 chars using DeepL, 1000 chars will be deducted from the bought characters; when using Google, 920 chars will be deducted; when using Microsoft, 570 chars will be deducted.
- When you select and hit the dictionary shortcuts, the selection is not counted.
- In short, you select and hit the GT4T shortcuts, your selection is counted and you are charged.