Time-based plans have no usage limits. You are charged a monthly/half-yearly/yearly flat fee and then you can use GT4T as much, or as little as you want.
- Time-based plans have no usage limits. You can use all the features, dictionaries, the included MT engines as much as you want with no cap, with no extra charge.
- You can only activate one computer at the same time but you can move your license freely between computers.
Character-based plans have no time limit. You get charged whenever you select some text and hit a GT4T shortcut.
- Character-based plans have no time limit, no minimum charge, no monthly subscription fee. You only pay when you are using the GT4T shortcuts to translate or check dictionaries.
- When you select some text and hit the GT4T translation / dictionary keyboard shortcuts, the selection is IMMEDIATELY counted and deducted from the characters you have bought, even though sometimes MT engines fail to return translations.
- If you are using the multi MT engine feature, the total character counts = selected characters * number of engines. For example, if you use three MT engines to translate the word “love”, the character count will be 12.
- When you select and hit the dictionary shortcuts, the selection is also counted. The selection is only counted once regardless of number of dictionaries you use. For example, you use three dictionaries to check the word “love”, the character count is still 4.
- If you only use the dictionary / glossary feature, buy the Slim Plans which do not include MT data as they are much cheaper per character.
- Don’t worry too much about dictionary character count. As you only check short terms or words with the dictionary feature, 1 Million characters will last like forever.
- In short, you select and hit the GT4T shortcuts, your selection is counted and you are charged.